Pages

Saturday, July 28

mahalo

Aloha from Hawaii!  A week ago, my family and I traveled very far to this great island that people like to call Oahu.  We stayed in the heart of Waikiki and it was a lot of fun.  Very relaxing. 


We decided to rent mopeds one day.  I must say, our mopeds were very stylish!



It was just Ash and I who were going to ride around this great island...


...but then we decided that it would be fun for my mom to come with us.  She isn't the most adventurous person, so for her to agree to do this, well, let's just say it was a miracle.  We decided to call her "grandma" for the rest of the day because she was soooo slooowwwwwww on the moped.


Anyways, we rode around the island for awhile and even went to Diamond Head State Park.  It was super neat to see.


Eventually we found a cute little place to eat and the food was delicious.  It was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki.

Eventually Ash and my mom were tired of riding around the island, so we went back to the city and my dad went back out with me.  We got to see some great views during our ride.  The beaches here were just magnificent.




The last day we were in Hawaii, we went to a luau!  We had to drive quite a ways to get there and our tour guide on the bus definitely liked to talk.  Nevertheless, it was a great experience and we all had fun!




There is my trip to Hawaii in a nutshell!  This is my third time going to this island, and I have to say...the trek there is super exhausting.  Going from airplane to airplane is just too much sometimes.  BUT once you get there, you forget all about the plane ride and just enjoy the islands beauty!

No comments: